- Epsom Salt (must be Food Grade – aka for Internal Use) 4 TBSP
- 15 BIG Pink Grapefruit
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ CUP (4oz)
- Apple cider vinegar (raw-unfiltered – with mother) (if you cannot do apple cider vinegar you can purchase malic acid or eat 2 apples a day – apple cider vinegar is best option)
- optional – empty capsules to put Epsom salts in (if you do not want to drink it)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Liver and Gallbladder Flush Protocol Preparation for the cleanse:
The liver gallbladder flush requires 6 days of preparation, during which your daily routine can remain the same for the most part, with the exception of drinking the apple cider vinegar or malic acid/ water mixture. The day of the cleanse please stop all supplementation and herbs.
For 6 days drink 4oz of apple cider vinegar per day. (We split ours up into 2 oz in the morning and 2 oz in the evening mix with water (and honey if needed). The malic acid that is naturally present in apples softens the gallstones and makes them easier to pass. Because we are priming the body to do deep healing work, we want to take it easy. The better you prepare, the more efficient the flush will be, and you will produce better results. you may notice bowel movements increase during this prep week.
It is best to avoid fat as best as possible during the preparation for this cleanse, as this will build up more pressure in the liver. This is especially important the day before and day of the cleanse as we are looking for lower fat meats, primarily fruit and salads/beans. we do lots of veggies, we usually do green juice in the morning and lots of lemon water to help with detox
For the of the cleanse/flush
In the morning add prepare your Epsom salt/grapefruit juice mixture by freshly squeezing/juicing your 15ish grapefruit out into five separate 6 oz servings. In 4 of the servings add 1 Tbsp of Epson salts Magnesium Sulphate) Mix well and refrigerate. Save the 5th serving for when you take your olive oil (total grapefruit juice= 30oz in 5 separate servings of 6oz). Some people may find it hard to drink it this way (it tastes disgusting). If you don’t think you can stomach the taste, get empty capsules from a Health Food Store, fill them with the equivalent of 4 tablespoons of Epsom Salt (1 Tbsp per serving) and take it as directed with the juice. So in total there are 4 tbsp of Epsom salts mixed with 24 oz of grapefruit juice and one extra serving for when you take with olive oil. we put our Epsom salts in capsules and take capsules with the grapefruit juice at the times listed below
Have a light meal by 2 p.m. (And then you’re done eating for the day) You will miss dinner only! After
the next morning’s flush, you can eat again.
- Make sure to drink enough water.
- At 6 p.m. drink 6 oz grapefruit juice with the Epsom Salt mixture. .
- At 8 p.m. drink the second 6 oz grapefruit juice with the Epsom Salt mixture.
- you will probably have a few bowel movements after taking the Epsom salts mixture- this clears the path and empties the bowels
- Prepare for bed before 10 m.
- At 10 p.m. mix 125 mL (4 oz.) chill, cold pressed olive oil with 6 oz. of freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice and 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice. (we added one drop of young living lemon and one drop of orange essential oil to the mixture as well to make it taste better) Use a straw to sip it. Shake thoroughly. Drink the mixture within minutes. Then lie down immediately with your head slightly up on the pillow and body turned on right side, with knees drawn up, for minimum 30 minutes. Some people may experience slight nausea after consuming this drink. Should you feel this way after drinking the mixture, prepare a few drops of mint oil or freshly grated or powdered ginger in some water and have it ready next to your bed. If during the night you experience feelings of nausea, drink a bit more mint, or ginger drink. Nausea is caused by the gallbladder ejecting the stones with such a force that it shoots the oil back into the stomach. Do not get up for at least two hours; otherwise, the flush may not be as successful. It is best if you sleep through the night without having to get up.
- Upon rising at 6 a.m. drink immediately the third 6 oz grapefruit juice with the Epsom Salt mixture. . Go back to bed again and rest.
- Around 8 a.m. take your last 6 oz grapefruit juice with the Epsom Salt mixture. .
- Your first meal after the flush should consist of fresh fruit juices such as apple, cranberry, or a lemon and pink grapefruit combination.
- And for lunch have a light salad or a few steamed vegetables. Eat lightly on flush day
- you will start flushing gallstones with bowel movements – after bowel movement look in the toilet – gallstones will be floating because there is cholesterol in them, if you want to collect them, take your strainer and strain them out and wash off in the strainer and put in a plastic container to collect them
Repeat this about every three weeks until you don’t see any stones in the stool for two times in a row.
Further Notes: Everybody has them, but nobody knows! Gallstones severely disrupt the performance of the liver, which has over 500 functions —which is why doing a flush is one of the most important things you could ever do for your health. Cleaning your liver can add years to your life, reverse or slow down the aging process and heal your body on a deeper level than you ever thought possible. Many people who have done a series of these flushes see remarkable changes in all areas of their health, some even being healed of stubborn illnesses that they lived with for years! Cleansing the liver of gallstones dramatically improves digestion, which is the basis of your whole health. You can expect your allergies to disappear, too, more with each cleanse you do! Incredibly, it also eliminates shoulder, upper arm, and upper back pain. You may have more energy and an increased sense of wellbeing. During a liver flush, we can safely remove hundreds of stones at a time. However, it is highly recommended that you keep going and plan to do a series. With about 1 month between flushes, it may take up to 8 – 12 flushes, until the liver is completely free from gallstones. You will know you have effectively restored the liver once you have done two consecutive flushes with no stones. However, as a preventative measure and for maintenance, it is recommended that you do a liver flush every 6 months or so.
Examine Your Results! Most of the gallstones are pea-green and float in the toilet because they contain bile compounds. The stones come in different shades of green and may be bright colored and shiny like gemstones. Only bile from the liver can cause the green color. Gallstones can come in all sizes, colors and shapes. The light-colored stones are the newest. Blackish stones are the oldest. Some are pea-sized or smaller, and others are as big as two or three centimeters in diameter (about 1 inch). There may be dozens and, sometimes, even hundreds of stones (of different sizes and colors) coming out at once.
Also, watch out for tan-colored and white stones. Some of the larger tan-colored or white stones may sink to the bottom with the stool. They are calcified gallstones that were released from the gallbladder and contain heavier toxic substances with only small amounts of cholesterol. All the green and yellowish stones are as soft as putty, thanks to the action of the malic acid/ apple juice. You may also find a layer of white or tan-colored chaff or ‘foam’ floating in the toilet. The foam consists of millions of tiny white, sharp-edged cholesterol crystals, which can easily rupture small bile ducts. They are equally important to release. Try to make a rough estimate of how many stones you have eliminated. Cleaning your liver completely may require at least six cleanses which can be performed at three-to-four-week intervals. If you cannot cleanse this often, you may take more time in between cleanses. The important thing to remember is that once you have started cleansing the liver, keep cleansing it until no more stones come out. Leaving it half clean for a long period of time (three or more months) can cause greater discomfort than not cleansing it at all. The liver will begin to function more efficiently soon after the first cleanse and you may notice sudden improvements, sometimes within a few hours. Pains will lessen, energy will increase, and clarity of mind will improve considerably. However, within a few days, stones from the rear of the liver will have traveled ‘forward’ towards the two main bile ducts exiting the liver, which may cause some of the previous symptoms of discomfort to return.
In fact, you might feel disappointed because the recovery seems so short-lived. However, all of this shows that there are still stones left behind, ready to be removed with the next round of cleansing. Nevertheless, the liver’s self-repair and cleansing responses will have increased significantly, adding a great deal of effectiveness to this very important organ of the body. If there are still a few small stones moving from some of the thousands of small bile ducts towards the hundreds of larger bile ducts, they may combine to form larger stones and produce previously experienced symptoms. These symptoms can be a backache, headache, earache, digestive trouble, bloating, irritability, anger, etc., although these may be less severe than they were before.
If a new cleanse no longer produces any stones, which usually happens after 6-8 cleanses (in severe cases it may take more than 10-12), your liver will be in excellent condition. Still, it is recommended to repeat the liver cleanse every six months to a year. Each cleanse will give a further boost to the liver and take care of any toxins that may have accumulated in the meanwhile.
Note: Never cleanse when you are suffering an acute illness, even if it is just a simple cold. If you suffer from a chronic illness, however, cleansing your liver may be the best thing you can do for yourself.
- In the morning prepare your 4 servings of grapefruit juice and Epsom salts mixture (each serving is 1 Tbsp Epsom salt with 6 oz of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice – totaling 4 Tbsp Epsom salt and 24oz grapefruit juice), you will also need separate 6 oz of grapefruit juice to mix with the
- olive oil). Mix well and refrigerate. if you don’t want to drink Epsom salts prepare your capsules
- with the Epsom
- Have a light meal by 2 m. – drink enough water.
- At 6 p.m. drink 6 oz grapefruit juice with the Epsom Salt mixture.
- At 8 p.m. drink the second 6 oz grapefruit juice with Epsom Salt mixture.
- you will probably have a few bowel movements after taking the Epsom salts mixture-
- At 10 p.m. mix 125 mL (4 oz.) chill, cold pressed olive oil with (180 mL) 6 oz. of freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. Shake Drink the mixture within minutes. Then lie down immediately with your head slightly up on the pillow and body turned on right side, with knees drawn up, for minimum 30 minutes. Some people may experience slight nausea after consuming this drink. Do not get up for at least two hours; otherwise, the flush may not be as successful. It is best if you sleep through the night without having to get up.
- Upon rising at 6 a.m. drink immediately the third grapefruit juice with Epsom Salt mixture. Go back to bed again and rest.
- Around 8 a.m. take your last 6 oz grapefruit juice mixture.
- you will then start to flush gallstones, collect, and wash off and examine
- Your first meal after the flush should consist of fresh fruit juices such as apple, cranberry, or a lemon and pink grapefruit combination. And for lunch have a light salad or a few steamed vegetables. Eat lightly on flush day
- Must be food grade if it says external use only DO NOT use